Sunday, June 10, 2012

Revlon Lip Butters

The concept of the lip butters is suppose to be a tinted lip balm. They glide on smoothly and feels amazing. However after 30 minutes or so they become drying on the lips. I picked up two of them to try out, at $7 plus a piece they are not cheap. There seems to be 3 types of lip butter, one is creamy and pigmented, one type has some sparkles and is sheer and another type is just pure sheer color. As for the smell, the two lip butters that I bought had NO SMELL what so ever. For some reason I was hoping they would smell like vanilla or creme brulee...however no smell is better than plastic or soap smell! The color is buildable BUT it comes with VERY little product. The pictures below is all the product that you will get twisted all the way up.


Cotton Candy lip swatch


Cotton Candy Rating: 2/5 pale pink with a little gold shimmer, very sheer in color. If it were not so drying I would have liked these lip butters a lot more. They look great on my lips upon application even I have to admit it, however this is definitely an over hyped product that does not perform up to par and dried out my lips.



gum drop lip swatch

Gum Drop: 2.5/5 pale lilac pure sheer color. Great packaging, not as drying as the other ones with shimmer. I like the sheer creme colors more as they are more moisturizing. I have yet to try Red Velvet which is categorized under creamy and pigmented.





No comments:

Post a Comment