Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hard Candy Fire alarm lipstick

Fire alarm lipstick swatch
Fire alarm packaging
This is one of my only hard candy items that I own and I bought it from Walmart. I was looking for a dupe for fleshpot lipstick from Mac in case I ever run out but I must say that I am disappointed. It is VERY sheer hence the swatch on my lips does not even look nude. It is VERY streaky so u can see all the lines appear on my lips making my lips look extremely old and wrinkly. The reason it looks to used up is because it is so sheer that I usually apply 5 coats. For the sake of the swatch I applied 2 coats as I would with a regular lipstick. Over all this is not a good product and I would never buy this again. 

Rating 2/5 stars: many people will tell you to exfoliate before applying this lipsticks and it will look amazing however, I refuse to do extra work to use a particular lipstick. I do like how it smells faintly of artificial vanilla...but it goes on streaky even with exfoliation. I also do not like the packaging, there is a ribbon at where my purple nails is holding. It just looks awkward and does not look good with the rest of my lipstick collection. Also the design on the cap makes this product look cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment