Saturday, June 9, 2012

Do You Lilac It?

A clever title, for my first blog and first OPI nail polish that I have ever purchased in my life.


Do You Lilac It? by OPI

I thought it is only fitting to start my review blog with THE nail polish that has opened the gate door for my obsession with make up, nail polish, fashion, accessories, & shoes. 

I don't just lilac this polish, I love it. It is a solid creme mid tone purple, opaque in two coats and dries extremely glossy. Before purchasing this polish I have only used Wet n' Wild polishes from the early 2000's and they would chip like crazy. (more reviews on NEW WnW products in the future which I love now) but you guys remember the old school WnW polishes...They were not good. OPI is one of those brands that have stayed extremely consistent over the years. At 8.50$ a bottle I think it is totally worth it. It is not quite as dark or gray toned as OPI's Planks A Lot!, not as pale as Essie's Lilacism, and not as pastel of a color as China Glaze's Agent Lavender. Over all it is the PERFECT mid tone lilac color. I do not hear a lot of reviews on this OPI nail polish as OPI's A Grape Fit as it is easier to find at stores like ULTA. However you guys are definitely missing out because A Grape Fit is nothing like Do You Lilac It, it is a lot darker and dupable by China Glaze's Spontaneous. 

Rating: 4.5/5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment